Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Flat Tire On Lawn Tractor

You are right, but not for a few bucks. A wheelbarrow tire
treated with polyurethane foam is about $45. It is actually sold
by the pound. A Kubota tractor driver tire (big) runs around
$500. Worth every penny compared to down time out in the
hinterlands.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
. ..
SteveB wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Meat Plow wrote:

Unless it's REALLY old it's likely tubeless. Back in 93 I
bought an
MTD and it had tubeless rims. Sold it to my neighbor in 01 and
bought
my Deere which also has tubeless.

Or really new. I got tired of the tubless tire on my
wheelbarrow going flat, so I put a $2.50 tube in it. Hasn't
gone flat in two years.

I bought a solid rubber spongy one at a yard sale for fifty
cents. It hasn't gone flat YET.

If anyone DOES buy a solid rubber tire, please be advised that
there are soft ones and hard ones. Wheelbarrow tires with
tubes or tubeless are a PITA. Solid is the way to go.

Steve

And, there are tire shops who for a few bucks will "fill" a
pneumatic tubed or tubeless tire with a foam material which
won't go flat even if you drive it over a spike sticking up out
of the blacktop.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia