Posted to alt.home.repair
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Three wire electric oven, four wire wall?

I've seen several examples on how to wire an electric oven with four
wires into home wiring with either three or four wires. However my new
oven has only three wires, red, black and yellow, and I haven't seen
any wiring diagrams for this case.

I'm _guessing_ that I wire the yellow ground (yes, yellow!) to the
white, red to red and black to black. But this seems to suggest the
white is attached to ground (which is what you do in the four-to-three
wire cases) and this has the potential to charge the appliance case.

Has anyone seen this situation before?

Maury