Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - A National Disgrace...Letting the Smithsonian Rot

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip

The government can't maintain them because they won't pay for it. As for
national health care, we already have it -- for military vets and
Congress.

You may wish to re-think that statement. We vets DO NOT have "national
health care", we have an HMO (Tri-Care) just as do retirees from other
companies. We have to pay an annual premium, which, granted, isn't as
much as some others, but we also have to go through a lot of crap to get
treatment.

In the VA system, you also have government-employed doctors and staff -- the
purest example of socialized medicine in the US.

I'm not judging this; it's just an ironic and curious fact.

--
Ed Huntress