Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Need to do a metric crapload of loft insulation

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:17:17 -0700, Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

My mother has asked me about insulating their loft as she's noticed
that the fuel bills are rising and the general cost of keeping the
place warm is "going through the roof".

The local council will alomost certainly have a scheme to completely or
partly pay for loft insulation depending on the circumstances of the
household.

In my experience of these supplied and fitted schemes the standard of the
work won't be particulary high and may contravien modern wiring
regulations ie they just lay the insulation over the wiring. Now unless
they also do a full electrical survey how do they know that the required
derating of the cables is safe?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail