Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Can I just use a primer/sealer on the exterior of my house?

In article . com, New World wrote:
I wondering if I can just use a high quality Primer/Sealer like KILZ
Premium to protect the exterior of my home or do I have to paint over
it also?

Does paint add more protection or is it just for "looks"?

The paint doesn't "add more protection" -- the paint *creates* the protection.
The purpose of primer is to help the paint adhere to the wood; primer by
itself provides no protection to speak of at all.

--
Regards,