Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] eliaselhossari@gmail.com is offline

Default Extend the life the TV lamp

Does anyone know why the lamp goes out? My TV's lamp failed after 2
1/2 years. I disassembled the lamp all the way to the wires to figure
out what is wrong with it. I have concluded that the lamp is filled
with inert gas and sealed with a cheap white compound, after this
white compound is exposed to heat over many hours; it will
disintegrate, cracks, and let the gas to escape leading to lamp to
fail. Solution: SONY should seal the lamp using glass type seal that
is used on the old type household light bulb. The lamp life should be
extended to 50,000 hr.