Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Preventing Rain From Blowing Under A Garage Door

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:38:36 -0600, lew hartswick
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am posting this for a friend....he has a large shop with several
large roll up doors. When it rains heavily and the wind is blowing
into the doors, water will enter the shop under the rubber door
seal...lots of water.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent the water from entering?

Thanks

TMT

I've seen a small "bump" on the floor right up against the inside
of the door (on the floor) it seems to do the trick. The one I saw
was part of the concrete floor but would think a well cemented
down one made of some priable material (rubber like) would do the
same thing.
...lew...

If one looks around...one can find rolls of computer room "wire
covers" that used to be laid on the floor with double stick carpet
tape and wires laid in it so yall could walk over it and not trip.

Ive used it to seal garage doors, quite nicely.

Gunner