Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT - A National Disgrace...Letting the Smithsonian Rot

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:42:35 -0400, Wes wrote:

I have a real problem with this....it shows where our real priorities
are.

And there are those that want National Health Care. If the goverment can't
maintain priceless curios do you really want the government to maintain your
body?

===========
The federal government is like most other people in the US. We
have enough money to *ANYTHING* we want, but never enough money
to do *EVRYTHING* we want.

The problems stem from: (1) failure to prioritize; and (2)
failure to accurately estimate the total cost of acquisition and
just as importantly, the cost of operation/running.

Until such time there is consus on priorities, this will be an
on-going problem, greatly exacerbated by an obsession to "get by
on the cheap."

Like the old Marx Brothers routine

You want good?
I got good!

You want cheap?
I got cheap!

You want good and cheap????
I *NO* got good and cheap!!!!

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.