Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - A National Disgrace...Letting the Smithsonian Rot

"azotic" wrote in message

But the schools can't be "tightened" like government. You have competing
mandates, from "No Politician Left Behind" standardized testing to
required courses and maximum class sizes mandated by the state. What the
voters seem to expect is a miracle that will give them all the things
they've demanded at a price nobody will work for.

Some school systems are bringing in teachers from other contries that will
work
for lower wages. They claim its the only way they can stay within thier
budgets.
The wages for neveda teachers are so low they can't get any good ones. As
i recall we have a highschool drop out rate of 54%, sad.

There ya' go. Do the foreign teachers have to speak English? g

Perhaps we should outsource the kids to India.

--
Ed Huntress