Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Ultrastar issues - SOLVED!

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:33:13 -0700, "
wrote:

Just as a suggestion, clean out the gun you have been shooting that
nasty water borne stuff out of as normal, then shoot some anhydrous
alcohol through it to take out the rest of the moisture before solvent
finish goes back in.

I already did, following Jewitt's published "WB to Solvent" switch
procedure. Now I won't shoot myself in the foot next time I use
solvent stuff. G

Although frustrating as hell, I am glad to see the problem was an easy
fix.

As usual, the cave-man dumbass factor was the cause.

That's what was really driving me nuts. I totally overlooked the fact
that I had grabbed the wrong gun. But, as you and Mike pointed out,
contamination is contamination. G

In the process of finding the answer, I used another sheen of on-hand
US, eliminating the can of "dull" product, which was sprayed onto
super-clean plate glass, which eliminated the wood. When they screwed
up as well, I went into my spray gear tote for the gun cleaning tools
and supplies, where I found the correct gun.

Thanks again, Robert and Mike!

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **