Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - A National Disgrace...Letting the Smithsonian Rot

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I have a real problem with this....it shows where our real priorities
are.

And there are those that want National Health Care. If the goverment can't
maintain priceless curios do you really want the government to maintain your
body?

The Smithsonian is a real treasure, I've been there once and hope to go
there again.

The school system up the road complained that they didn't have money for
building maintenance and the buildings were in disrepair. On closer
examination it turned out that voted funds for maintenance were used for
operations. Of course no one went to jail or lost their job over this.

I wonder if part of the problem is the attitude of the Smithsonian Board of
Regents not recognizing the reality of the times. Funding is going to get
even tighter in the future everywhere as the boomers retire.

Wes