Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andy.hide@dsl.pipex.com is offline

Default Bending 20mm Round Electrical Conduit

Rubbing it with your hand in a rude manner warms it up enough.

Regards,
Stuart.

Ah, the 'good old days' when an apprenticeship was an apprenticeship! :-))

Don.

Finally got round to having a go at bending my plastic conduit. Bought
myself a bending spring as below:

http://www.drapertools.co.uk/Pages/Pagesource/p286.pdf

Part no was 71359.

Although the blurb stated it was for bending conduit with an
*internal* diameter of 20mm it worked fine for my conduit bought from
Wickes/B&Q which had an outer diameter of 20mm.

Sure enough heating with a heat gun was too much and the rude rubbing
method worked a treat!

Managed to bend at 90 degrees as well as adding kinks etc to get round
obstacles.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this.