Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Dot n' Dab on old/poor walls

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is dot and dab now the most popular method of covering a wall?

Half of our 19th century town house is currently stripped down to the
brickwork which is very poor. The plaster wants to dot and dab
everywhere.

We have damp & contaminated walls(salts) in the kitchen. I've
installed a resin DPC, neatralized the salts and plan to use a
waterproof plaster membrane on the lower 1.5 metre of the walls to
make sure whatever finish is used the damp will not penetrate to the
surface.

I have no experience of dot and dab really, but the plasterer(very
experienced) seemed to recommend. Any other options with old tatty/
uneven brickwork?.....

and any other advice?

Nothing wrong with Dot&Dab however I wouldn't have it in my kitchen though
as its a bugger to hang the units on the wall. :-)
If you're opposing the D&D method then you have the right to tell the
plasterer you want the traditional method of backing plaster,after all your
paying for it.