Doug Goncz

Default Made map holder today from LEXAN! What a material!

From: "The Davenports"

I actually very surprised that it broke at all by scoring it...it usually
will just bend.

Unless you actually had a piece of plexiglass.

Mike

No, it was marked Lexan and covered with the original plastic protector.

It snaps when you score it only if the score mark is deep, narrow, fresh, and
therefore has a sharp tip radius. Like cutting glass, you have to set it up,
score, and then work quickly before the stresses you've induced in the plastic
are relieved. Concentration of stress at the score induces fracture.

The high elongation means you really push, storing lots of energy, and the pop
on fracture is near deafening. I wear hearing protection even for my B&D hand
electric drill. Should have had it on then, my ears rang. Like a gun shot.

But it does snap, and cleanly. Saves time and frustration sawing.

Yours,

Doug Goncz (
ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/ )

Read about my physics project at NVCC:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dgoncz&scoring=d plus
"bicycle", "fluorescent", "inverter", "flywheel", "ultracapacitor", etc.
in the search box