Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Basement ceiling ideas

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 02:00:27 GMT, franz frippl wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:17:55 -0400, Unrevealed Source wrote:

Looking for ideas please. I'm going to put up a ceiling in my basement, and
I don't want a dropped ceiling because I don't want to lose the height. My
best idea so far is to nail up furring strips perpendicular to the joists
and then use tongue-and-groove ceiling tiles, stapling them to the furring
strips. That way I only lose about an inch. I have seen the Ceilingmax
system and that's still an option, but my idea would be cheaper. I'd
rather not use drywall.

Give a thought to spraying the ceiling with a white latex paint.
Spray everything... pipes, ducts, joists, etc.

I saw a basement finished that way.
It was bright, no loss of ceiling height,
and complete access to everything.

You don't get any sound insulation,
but if you're partying, everyone is in the basement anyway.

rj