Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT[_2_] Steve Barker LT[_2_] is offline

Default Flat Tire On Lawn Tractor

Usually a bead leak. Once these type of tires get low past a certain point,
they leak even faster. Try some slime or other such tire sealer. And don't
be afraid to use it liberally.

"Ditzy Bimbeau" wrote in message
Right front tire was flat in early summer. Tractor had been used 10
days earlier, no problem, and tires were checked for air 20 days
earlier, normal pressure.

So I inflated the flat while the wheel/tire were still on the tractor,
and for the last three months, no problem. Pressure has not dropped.

QUESTION: What happened? I shouldn't complain, but have you ever
heard of a tire that was "healed" merely by re-inflating it?? Thanks