Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

Dave wrote:
Si wrote:

In message , Stuart Noble
writes

TheOldFellow wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:58:12 -0700
nafuk wrote:

Something has to be done,

IMO something has to be done about the recent reduction in underpass
lighting. Drive into one on a sunny day and you can see bugger all
for a few seconds until your eyes adjust.

Ruefully, "that's just age-related degeneration".

I might be getting on a bit these days, but I have suffered this all
my driving life.

I have very good night vision and I suffer the same problem. I
sometimes wonder if the good night vision is some compensation for
being slightly red/green colour blind.

At this time of year and at the equivalent sun cycle in spring, I find
it very difficult to drive with the sun to my right when passing
trees. My eyes are adjusting like mad to compensate.

Not quite the same problem, but to me those clowns who have not only
headlights on but foglights as well, make me seriously concerned that I
might hit a pedestrian due to their inconsideration. I could genuinely
count on one hand the number of times that I use full beam in a year. I
drive more than 20k per annum.