Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:47:56 -0700, beecrofter
wrote:

On Sep 28, 3:19 pm, Jeffy3 wrote:
Anyone ever done this? We have chrome ones that we keep clean but
are
aging and would like black ones now and before paying upwards of $40
for a new set of four, was wondering if there is any harm or danger
painting them black with high gloss metallic paint or something.

Get the old surface completely free of grease and oil with a lye wash
or similar and then give the surface some tooth with wet or dry
sandpaper, Use barbecue black or engine black. If available the satin
finish seems to hold up the best. Warm the surface to about 200 in
the oven before painting and then put them back in the oven to cure
and it should last a good time. You might hav to refinish them sooner
than the porcelain ones but paint is cheap. Holds up well on
motorcycle parts too, never
liked chrome.

So you've painted chrome, with success?

--