Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default What is the tool for burning words or designs into wood?

Fri, Sep 28, 2007, 5:04am (EDT-3) (Dave) doth
adviseth:
snip My best tip for you is to print out what you want to burn into
the wood on a sheet of paper with the correct fonts and sizes. Place the
paper on top of the wood and burn through the paper into the wood. When
you are finished burning peel of the paper with a putty knife and brush.
snip

I tried that. Found it a major PITA. I prefer either tracing
whatever on the wood, or usina a pencil to outline it. THEN go over it
with a woodburner. Much preferable in my mind.

However, I found it much less a PITA all around to glue a business
card inside, or on the bottom, of whatever.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan