Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Bennett Ed Bennett is offline

Default Trouble setting up new table saw

On Sep 29, 6:50 am, Frank Boettcher wrote:
Recognizing the futility of continuing, I'll ignore all below, let
those who are following this thread decide for themself. Hopefully you
will also grant each of them the right to believe whatever they like.

Sounds good to me.

But in this case you have specifically accused me of "questioning
Dan's ability to make friends". I did nothing of the kind. I don't
know where you got that but I think since it is a specific accusation
that you should either apologise or offer corroborating evidence.
Please cut and paste the information from any post where I said
anything directly related to that accusation or any other personal
derogatory remarks regarding the OP.

Sorry Frank, it looks like I made a mistake and owe you an apology.
Here's the message that I was thinking of:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...92fa1ee2e6859b

I had you confused with another Frank and it was an injustice to
attribute that statement to you. I hope you can forgive me. And, I
hope that anybody else who might have been misled by my mistake will
see this and not allow my blunder to change their opinion of you.

There have also been a number of occasions where I interpreted your
statements as more antagonistic than they may have been intended
because you and swingman were arguing the same point of view ("ignore
the problem and just make sawdust"). In the absence of swingman's
derogatory remarks I may not have taken them the same way. So, I
apologize for this as well.

I'm still wondering if you think Dan was wasting his time to align his
saw. Is it better for him to live with the problem (rework all his
bevel cuts) or invest the time up front to eliminate the problem once
and for all?

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com