Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

Si wrote:

In message , Stuart Noble
writes

TheOldFellow wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:58:12 -0700
nafuk wrote:

Something has to be done,

IMO something has to be done about the recent reduction in underpass
lighting. Drive into one on a sunny day and you can see bugger all for
a few seconds until your eyes adjust.

Ruefully, "that's just age-related degeneration".

I might be getting on a bit these days, but I have suffered this all my
driving life.

I have very good night vision and I suffer the same problem. I sometimes
wonder if the good night vision is some compensation for being slightly
red/green colour blind.

At this time of year and at the equivalent sun cycle in spring, I find
it very difficult to drive with the sun to my right when passing trees.
My eyes are adjusting like mad to compensate.

Dave