Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spray rain water or collected condensate water on compressor to raise efficiency?

In article . com,
BoyntonStu writes:

How much 'gain' would we get if we sunk a 55 gallon barrel into the
relatively cool ground here in Florida, filled it with calcium free
water, and sprayed the condenser in a closed loop cycle when it is
running?

Any evaporated water would be made up with condensate.

I've worked in more than one data centre where on the hottest day
of the year, a few people have had to stand outside spraying the
condensor units with hoses, and it makes an enormous difference.

I'm less certain in your case though. You will eventually warm up
the 55 gallons of water which will significantly impair its cooling
ability. Also you will be spraying this heated water into the air.
You could end up infecting someone in the neighbourhood with
legionares disease. This is one of the most common ways it breeds
and is spread.

--
Andrew Gabriel