Posted to uk.d-i-y
None None is offline

Default Replacing Rising Main?

On Sep 29, 5:11 pm, wrote:
On 29 Sep,
wrote:

I would have a go at chlorine disinfection first. It is supposed to be done
on new installations, but seems to be rarely done. I'd try taking off the
internal stopcock, and trying to feed a small plastic pipe (as used for
syphoning beer -- but longer) through the main as far as the outside
stopcock and using a funnel to fill the pipe with chlorinated water. There
are guidelines on how long and what strength solution to use, I think it is
100 ppm but ICBW, it's on the web somewhere.

Found some details, it's in BS6700 if you can find it.

http://iphe.org.uk/databyte/disinfection.pdf

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Thanks for that mate, I dunno, looks like a tricky thing to get done.
The difficult part is getting the water out of the pipe before I
start, as well as finding a suitable pipe to insert.