Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

I wouldn't use anything but solid blocks either, all the cautions you
all have said, no matter how many cars have sat on open ones.

I had a pair of steel jackstands, the kind about 15 inches high with
three angle iron legs leading up to an adjustable pipe in the middle,
rated by the manufacturer at far more than the load that was on the
one I was using.

It only had the plymouth version of a Chrysler LeBaron, a K-car, and
lt crumbled. Worse yet, it happened when I was in the house and I had
left an 18 year-old boy with the car. Fortunately he wasn't under the
car. And it didn't bend all the way down, and he was pretty thin, so
he might have made it.

I was going to use a pair of jackstands, until I saw "Made in China" on
them. Shoot, if their ethics allow lead paint, why would I trust their
welders?