Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Looking for opinions

"Lou" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
That's not a good subject - sorry.
I just purchased a Cub Cadet mower/tractor. The advertisements
say as does the manual that came with it, that it has a 23 HP
Kawsaki engine. I brought the mower home and began to just run
it around to get used to the steering. It is 50 inch mower with
the two handles instead of a steering wheel. Then I tried mowing
a little. Going to take some getting used.

Anyway, when I put it in the garage, I noticed that the engine
was NOT a Kawasaki, but a 23 HP Kohler brand.

I have nothing against Kohler, my 11 year old mower has a Kohler
and it has served me well and I like Kohler. But, I think the
Kawaski engine is probably a better engine. In addition, the
manual states that it has a gasoline shut off, which this one
does not have.

Where I want opinions is, should I just blow this off, or should
I try to find a way to contact Cub Cadet and complain and see
what they will do? I paid $4,000 for the darn thing (UGH!!!)
and I sure would rather have had the engine I thought I'd get.

Hey, give me your opinions because right now, I am a bit
emotional about the darn thing.

Thanks, Bob-tx

Where did you buy it?

Tractor Store Company