Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Replacement linen (or equivalent) measuring tape.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:36:34 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

-snip-
I love restoring things, BUT, in this case, since it has sentimental value
wouldn't it be more valuable just the way it is?
It's like handing down your great great grandfathers hammer while the handle
and head have been replaced several times.

Amen! Give me the tape that grandpa touched! I'd rather keep it in
a box *as is* than have a usable tape that resembles the one he used.
Jim
[Proud owner of a Stanley level that George Prier handed down to his
son-in-law Henry Elbrecht- my grandfather. I've used it once or
twice at each house that I've owned just to add to its history- but it
sits on a shelf- not in a tool box.]