Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default Appliance Repair Group?

On Sep 27, 7:25 pm, Al Bundy wrote:
Is there one? Did a filter of 100k groups for "appliance" and the pickin's
are pretty slim.

Got a side by side frig 18 yrs old. Freezer seems to be always on even at
lowest setting. Stuff froze good! Some stuff in frig freezes in certain
areas.

Did some googling. Seems there is a defrost thermostat and a cold control
thermostat for the frig side. See nothing about a freezer thermostat.
Obviously, not up on basic theory of how these work.

Thanks,
Al...

I have had good luck getting both parts and advice from
repairclinic.com. Have fixed refrigerator, dryer, and dishwasher with
their help.

Forgive me if this seems too basic but have you tried (a) monkeying
with the controls, they may be called different things in different
brands but usually there is one control that addresses how much the
compressor runs, and one that addresses distribution of air between
the freezer and fridge. (b) checking the fridge manual
troubleshooting guide. If you don't have the manual sometimes you can
find a pdf of it on the net by googling.

-- K