Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Jeffy3" wrote in message
ps.com...

Anyone ever done this? We have chrome ones that we keep clean but
are
aging and would like black ones now and before paying upwards of $40
for a new set of four, was wondering if there is any harm or danger
painting them black with high gloss metallic paint or something.

The colored ones I've seen for sale have a porcelain coating, not paint. I
think your paint job will last about 20 minutes.

Just a thought.... Don't they sell "high temperature" paints for things
like barbeque grills and engine exhaust manifolds?

I don't know the specs on those, but they might just take the heat at
those locations.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia