Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sparks around anode - works fine after warm-up

On Sep 28, 4:17 pm, "James Sweet" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

My first guess is a bad flyback transformer. I would also look into
electrolytic capacitors since they tend to get better as they warm up. A
can
of freeze spray is a great troubleshooting aid for problems like this.-

The flyback transformer is new, replaced it along with the cap kit.

Do I just hit some of the caps with the freeze spray and watch for a
reaction?

Let it warm up until the problem goes away, then just start hitting various
areas of the board with a quick shot of freeze spray and see if you can get
the problem to reappear. If you did a cap kit that should have covered it,
it could be a cracked solder joint though, thermal cycles do affect those.

I would turn out the lights and see where the arcing is coming from.
Some times a little well placed RTV does wonders. Make sure you let it
fully cure though before turning the set back on again. Lenny Stein,
Barlen Electronics.