Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony Tony is offline

Default Need suggestions for a light to drive backwards

What I do sometimes is add guidepoles (flag on a piece of 1/2' thinwall,)
and stick one in each rear corner of the trailer when backing up. This aids
me is seeing the rear corners of my large flatbed trailer.

I know tow trucks use rear looking cameras. They are relatively inexpensive.
You could make a magnetic mount, and just place the camera at the rear of
the trailer with a long coax cable when backing up.

Camera + monitor, runs off 12vdc

https://www.supercircuits.com/index....=5462#detailed
https://www.supercircuits.com/index....OD&ProdID=4749

or perhaps 2 12v flood lights on magnetic mounts, place one each rear
wheelwell when backing up.

tony

"Ignoramus18262" wrote in message
I had several really bad experiences with driving backwards, with a
trailer, in low to no light conditions or in the rain. (one was when
picking up thet Bliss punch). It is a big hazard and it is ****ing
frustrating.

So, I want to know what you would recommend for a source of light that
is practical to use. A handheld spotlight, something that can be
mounted on roof temporarily, etc.

thanks