Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Appliance Repair Group?

On Sep 27, 11:56 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"DanG" wrote in message

There is only one compressor, one set of coils, the cold is only made for
the freezer. The refrigerator portion "borrows" its cold from the
freezer, it may or may not be fan driven.

This will drive some people nuts thinking about it. You can't make cold.

What's in a word?
Gee whiz. The philosophers may have field day about not 'making' cold!
But on a practical basis we know what is meant? So let's not nit
pick.
And who is to say the we 'make' heat. We don't; we convert energy from
one form to another.
Maybe we could settle for just moving it (cold or heat or whatever)
around; eh?
But reminds me: This is like the time, some 50 years ago, my father in
law (an old timer born around 1900) said "Hand me the turn-screw".
"What?" I said. "The turns-screw, give it to me ........... ".
Me; being too stunned (i.e. stupid/slow on the uptake!) "Oh, the
screwdriver. Here.".
On later reflection 'turn-screw' although it may have different usages
in other fields (hydraulics maybe) makes more sense than
screwdriver!
Have fun!