Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Fuseable resistor value.

N Cook wrote:

Smitty Two wrote

We call those commas, not apostrophes, in the U.S., but I understood
your phrasing the first time. I agree that a precision resistor with a
10% tolerance makes no sense. I'd make it 240K. Fifth band is sometimes
used for reliability (i.e. MTBF) AIUI.

But why a 2W 240K resistor in something that is unlikely ever to have more
than 350V across it.
I've not taken apart yet so it may well never see any high voltages.

How much experience do you actually have in repair ?

From its location in the circuitry you must have SOME idea of its likely value
from context ! A fusible is normally a lowish value for example.

Graham