Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default PROBLEM: Nakamichi CR-7A Power Transformer

EADGBE wrote:

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Does an ohmmeter show them as open or not?

SCOTT:

The fuse resistor that didn't blow reads exactly 1.04 ohms (that's an
in-circuit reading).

The fuse resistor that blew reads open circuit....and that is with the
resistor TAKEN OUT of circuit completely.

I figured I could replace the fuse resistor with a regular 1-ohm
resistor and get things working again, but I also realize that that is
NOT safe, and so the deck will not be powered up again until it has a
new 1-ohm fuse resistor in place...and I might even replace the other
1-ohm fuse resistor whilst I'm at it.

I wouldn't excessively fret over not fitting a genuine fusible resistor. The
only difference between them and normal resistors is that they are (a) designed
to fail open and (b) are flameproof. There's still another one in circuit !

If one of those fusibles had failed (as it seems) that's why you have no
display.

Graham