Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] unopened@mail.com is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

On 28 Sep, 16:44, David Hansen
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:04:54 +0100 someone who may be "Kroma"
wrote this:-

Variable light levels can be achieved with a variety of fittings
which are switched on as necessary. There are also now dimmable
energy saving lamps, though the best known model only has four
steps.

Apparently a variable dimmable CFL exists:

The "new 20W T3 spiral Dimmable EnergySaver+ can be dimmed using a
standard dimmer switch from 2% to 100% brightness ... during its 16000
hour lifetime"

From URL:http://www.varilight.co.uk/Pages/page%20digiflux.htm

I can't comment on how good it is, as I don't have one.

Sid