Andrew Gabriel

Default Waterproof light switch?

In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
The light switch in my downstairs toilet is just a normal rocker type.
ISTM this is somewhat dangerous due to the proximity of basin & WC, so
I'm looking for a safer solution.

Absolutely no need. It is perfectly acceptable to use a standard light
switch in this situation.

Seconded. If a pull switch was needed then a kitchen would need a pull
switch as it has a sink. Only bath and shower rooms need the pull switch.

You can still use one if you wish.

When I rewired my parents' kitchen, I made the lights over the
sink/drainer switched by a pullcord, on the basis that you are
quite likely to have wet hands when operating it.

--
Andrew Gabriel