Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Drilling a Straight Hole (Overhead, Into Concrete)

wrote:
On Sep 25, 7:20 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:
I'm using a Hilti drill to drill holes into concrete ceilings.
Drilling overhead with a heavy drill and big bit is making it
difficult to keep the hole straight. The Hilti is more than up to the
job ... the problem is when you're applying upward force, the natural
tendency is to pull the drill toward you or away from you, which makes
for a slanted or "crooked" hole. Any tips on how to keep the drill
straight so as to achieve the straightest possible hole?

Two helpers. One calls out east/west adjustments, the other north/south.
(or left/right, back/forward.)

Yes, we're doing that to a certain extent ... I always have one helper
who helps me with those adjustments. I guess I was hoping there was
something else ... a tool, device, gadget ... something that would
help us with these holes. We do three of these each week (I know this
is a home repair group, but I couldn't find a group catering to my
profession). Looking for anything that would speed up and help with
efficiency. Thanks for the post.

Maybe you could adapt "http://britelite.com/Products/get_one.html" to
fit your needs.