Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:04:54 +0100
"Kroma" wrote:

"nafuk" wrote in message
oups.com...

As for having outside lights on at night, why?. Answer, because they
are cheap and available. Turn them off and check out the stars.

No, because it is pitch black outside and I can't see to walk without it. I
can't even see to open the door. But I do try to help the environment... I
have it dimmed to around 10% so it uses only 10W most of the time. Apart
from my bulbs on timed switches (which are there for security reasons),
halogens (which were in place when I bought the property) and dimmers I do
have several low energy bulbs.

I too, have an outside light to illuminate the path to the front door.
It's a 1 watt LED run from a sun-charged battery.

R.