Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:04:54 +0100, Kroma wrote:

As for having outside lights on at night, why?. Answer, because they
are cheap and available. Turn them off and check out the stars.

No, because it is pitch black outside and I can't see to walk without
it. I can't even see to open the door.

Why do you need lights on outside unless you are living out there?

Is it really so difficult to switch a light on when you go out and off
when you come in? Thats what I do, sometimes, more often than not there is
enough spill from the interior lights or from the stars/moon. The nearest
street lights are 1.5 miles away and we live in an area with probably the
darkest skies in England, so no sky glow.

Apart from my bulbs on timed switches (which are there for security
reasons),

False sense of security IMHO. If you are remote there is no point in
lighting the place as there will be no one passing to see the tea leaf.
The light, even low level, creates very dark shadows and reduces your
abilty to see outside the lit area, great for tea leafs to hide in...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail