Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:58:12 -0700, nafuk
wrote:

For me, the change to CFLs is not an inconvenience at all compared to
that of people in pourer countries who are experiencing drought and or
flooding which is destroying there food sources and starving them. Are
people really saying they would rather be able to dim a light than
help stabalise the climate and possibly save some lives?

PML.

As for having outside lights on at night, why?. Answer, because

We have been burgled 4 times in the last 5 years.

they are cheap and available. Turn them off and check out the stars.

I leave them for the people in pourer countries who are experiencing
drought and or flooding which is destroying there food sources and
starving them.

DG