Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:36:54 +0100, "Kroma"
wrote:

I also have an outside lantern which turns on dimly when it's dark outside
and achieves full brightness when you walk up to it. It's not suitable for
low energy lighting (

My lounge has a special switch which turns one set of lights on when it gets
dark and stays on for a chosen number of hours (useful when at work in the
winter) which again is not suitable for low energy lighting.

Finally, my dining room has a dimmer switch which, according to the
instructions, is not suitable for low energy lighting.

Have I really got to replace all of these?

Yes indeed, and in many cases you can't do it yourself according to
Part P so it is not surprising that the lighting industry and
electricians associations are enthusiastically supporting this crass
bit of stealth taxation.

As LED lighting will probably be the same order of magnitude more
efficient than CFL's as CFL's now are than incandescent some time in
the next year you can look forward to repeating the whole process
again in about 5 years.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/