Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kroma Kroma is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

I too have some halogen lights in bedrooms and kitchen. They don't appear
to be the type talked about in the news so I'm assuming (hoping) that
they'll live on. If anybody has any news to the contrary, post it on here
and I'll start stocking up!

I also have an outside lantern which turns on dimly when it's dark outside
and achieves full brightness when you walk up to it. It's not suitable for
low energy lighting (

My lounge has a special switch which turns one set of lights on when it gets
dark and stays on for a chosen number of hours (useful when at work in the
winter) which again is not suitable for low energy lighting.

Finally, my dining room has a dimmer switch which, according to the
instructions, is not suitable for low energy lighting.

Have I really got to replace all of these?

Kroma

PS It would appear that golfball shaped lights may survive from what I've
read as there is currently no low energy equivalent so my lounge may
survive!