Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default Old Zenith safety caps.

wrote:
That's when it really pays to understand reactive scanning, although
these modern pincushion circuits befuddle me. Even a CTC169, my logic
says when the .056uF opens the picture should be too narrow. Then you
got Sonys doing the opposite of what you think a given bad component
should cause because of feedback. Then you have coils with magnets in
them, geez ! See my thread about a new profession lol.

If circuits always failed in ways you'd expect them to fail, then it
wouldn't be any fun any more, would it?

--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.