Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Speaking of AA batteries....

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:24:44 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
snip-

Using the Nite-Ize LED conversion kits in mini-mag type flashlights and
others, gives nearly an equivalent amount of light while hardly even
discharging the batteries.

How would I go about buying a couple of them?

I've never seen them, but then I don't get out much! :-)

Ya gotskta Google it, 'Arry.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...ze_mag3led.htm $

Didn't need Google------someone posted a link! :-)

http://www.niteize.com/category.php?category_id=28 $$$
Just put earmuffs on before you open that Scotch wallet of yours for
this little 1-watt Luxeon upgrade. This won't get the 11 hours the
3led job will give you, though.

I'm afraid, from your description, this old dude, living on SS, won't be
popping for one of the 1 watt units. I just need something reliable for
getting back and forth between the shop and the house I'm building. I work
after dark, and there's no lights wired yet. A guy could get hurt! :-)

I got real tired of replacing the bulbs in those damned mini-mags, and I'm
used to the reduced light they emit-----I kept tired batteries in mine to
prolong bulb life. Besides, I like the color of light from those LED's.

So, do you want this super-light- intensity or a better light with
longer hours? If and when the incandescent bulb goes in my 2AA
Mini-Mag, I'll go with the 3led upgrade. I have a tactical for the
blinding super-light. I used that last night in an attempt to find the
refugee Cicada in my dining room at 10pm. yawn

Cicada? Not a katydid? I like those guys----sort of cool!

How was your summer? Both days of ours were nice. Coolest summer I've
seen in my 11 years here.

Harold