Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Electric Stove question.

Husky wrote:
My Frigidaire Mod FEF368cctb stopped working a few weeks ago. What it
did was attempt to come on (The burners) and after a few seconds, it
would shut down. The oven didn't work either, but the clock and light
did.
This morning I turned it on and it began working fine. Could such a
problem be due to low voltage? The reason I ask that is because at
about the same time, I bought an electric power washer and it wouldn't
work correctly. I returned it and the next one wouldn't work right
either. Could such problems be attributed to load reduction by the
power Co?

Power companies don't do 'load reduction', but they may do voltage
reduction to balance loads in the system. This might affect some
appliances if it is severe. In your case, it could be your electrical
system is in trouble and you need a good electrician to nail the
problem. As part of the diagnostics, call the power company and ask
for a voltage check on your line. They will likely be happy to do it
as it could be an early warning for them of a possible equipment
problem. HTH

Joe