Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Spray water on compressor to raise efficiency?

on 9/26/2007 10:57 PM BoyntonStu said the following:
On Sep 26, 10:46 pm, "Telstra" wrote:

The reason for the compromises which cause
manufacturers to choose air cooled condensers
are easily understood.
For example spraying a 100 ml mist of water
per second equals 360 Liters per hour or app
3.6 tons of water per 10 hr day.
Which in one year of 300 days equals 1000 tons
if this is multiplied by 100 million consumers then
then the loss is one hundred billion tons of clean
water.per year.
That would make the price of bread even more
****ing outrageous than it is. So the next time you
enjoy a couple of slices of toast you should think
about that.

wrote in message

in grocery store we put in misters on our condensers,cut elec bill
in half.had to clean coils twice a tear with lime remover.lucas

How about a recirculating system that uses the same water (+ makeup
for evaporation) over and over again.

The water would be sprayed on the coils, collected, pumped a few feet
into the 70* ground to cool, and sprayed again.

Go down 5' and get 55º.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY