Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Andy Hall wrote:

As far as the hardware platform is concerned, a PC and a Mac use the
same components in many aspects such as the hard drives, so no issue
there.

More than that, indeed it's interesting that Intel have, with Apple's
permission, started to market an Intel motherboard which is the same as
the one in the current MacPro, with support for eight core Xeon
processors.

I think you will find that Intel make motherboards and Apple don't.
In fact Intel make the motherboards in lots of machines from people like HP.

BTW, excuse me while I laugh at anyone who describes a Mac
as "slow" or "expensive", they may care to compare the cost/performace
of a MacPro to any PC with eight cores.

Is there any applications that can make use of eight cores?

They may also want to sit down
and have a good cry when they compare it to their own "KrappiAldiPC".

How much Mac book do you get for £299?

And how many PCs have Quad 4GB fibre channel?

Any that need it I would say.
There isn't much point if you don't need it and its easy to fit.