Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

In other respects, it's an advantage to have a defined hardware platform.
For example, if I need a power supply for a Mac notebook, I can walk into
almost any Apple dealer in any city in the world and find one on the
shelf. I am back running in less than half a day. If I need one for a
specific Dell notebook, I would be screwed.

Staples.. £79.. will do IBM, Toshiba, Sony and a few others too.. also works
from 12V and 24V just in case you need one.
Just in case you thought it was hard to get bits for PCs.. where did you say
I needed to go to buy a spare power supply for a mac book?
BTW most PC notebook supplies don't run hot like mac book supplies appear to
so you may want a none Apple PSU next time.