Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

On 2007-09-27 13:27:52 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

Steve Firth wrote:
Pete C wrote:

On Sep 26, 3:40 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Pete C wrote:
On Sep 26, 1:45 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Mac owners are 'in the fold' as in sheep fold. Baaaa!!!
The ones following the flock are those who buy M$.
M$ is the Big Bad Wolf!
Nope, it's just mass-market crap sold to people who don't know much
about what they buy.
Macs are overpriced trendy crap sold to people who don't know much
about what they buy...

Wrong on every point, care to try again?

Daa dee dah. Back and forth we go.
I think it's pretty clear that these days a Mac is probably better for
beginners, or those not seeking a new hobby, or women.

I would hardly describe myself as a beginner in computing or
networking. However, in terms of a solid, commercially supported
environment that can be relied upon to work, OS/X is good.

As far as the hardware platform is concerned, a PC and a Mac use the
same components in many aspects such as the hard drives, so no issue
there.

In other respects, it's an advantage to have a defined hardware
platform. For example, if I need a power supply for a Mac notebook, I
can walk into almost any Apple dealer in any city in the world and find
one on the shelf. I am back running in less than half a day. If I
need one for a specific Dell notebook, I would be screwed.