Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT-Veterans Disarmament Act H.R. 2640

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:17:15 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

Senate wants to disarm vets.

If this bill is passed, an American would be barred from owning guns if:

* He is a U.S. veteran suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; or

* As a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD in connection with the IDEA program.

Not to mention the fact that an ailing grandfather could have his entire gun
collection seized, based only on a diagnosis of Alzheimer's from a Medicare
home health provider (and there goes the family inheritance).

Best Regards

Tom.

===========
The Senate is smarter than I gave them credit for.

If I was a Senator I would not want people running around loose
with guns either, any more than if I were a deer.....

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.