Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AA battery hack secret

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

O.K. I can accept that. I never bothered to check the
frequency (I didn't have a way to do so back when I had normal
vibrators. :-)

No scope?

Someone scanned the Mallory vibrator data sheets and posted it on
alt.binaries.pictures.radio a while back. I saved the images to my hard
drive, but it must have been before the first of the year, and on my old
WIN ME computer that isn't available at the moment. There were several
frequencies, from 60 HZ, up The 60 HZ were common in ham radio and CB
gear, so you could use the same power transformer for AC or DC
operation. I think that a lot of car radio vibrators were 115 HZ, which
would cause about a little 230 HZ ripple. I'll see if I can find those
images. There are a lot of collectors on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono
if anyone has any serious questions, or needs help finding parts and
information on old radios.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell